These journals contribute to the development and dissemination of knowledge in two different ways. First, by publishing rigorous peer-reviewed conceptual and research-based papers, they promote high academic standards in the published knowledge of coaching. Secondly, they provide a platform for academic work to influence the practice of coaching, by publishing soundbites of the research results relevant to those involved in coaching.
Dr. Julian Humphreys
71 Macdonell Avenue
Toronto, ON M6R 2A4
Philosophy of Coaching is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed, open access academic journal with a mission to bring more clarity and rigour to the coaching profession.
Philosophy of Coaching is a bi-annual, peer-reviewed, open access academic journal serving the coaching community. The mission of the journal is to:
- Initiate and sustain a rigorous, relevant inquiry into the nature and value of coaching
- Clarify assumptions embedded in the teaching and practice of coaching
- Critically examine and explore the implications of empirical research in the field
- Situate the field and the practice of coaching within a broader socio-cultural and historical frame
- Explore the structure and impact of the institutions defining and governing the field